Do you want to learn the proven approach that successful entrepreneurs are using to build their brand, grow their reach, and expand their income? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Today, you’ll find out what it takes to write a bestselling book from Chandler Bolt, an investor, advisor, Founder and CEO of the Self-Publishing School, and the author of seven books, including his most recent title, Published: The Proven Path from Blank Page to 10,000 Copies Sold. Chandler knows exactly how instrumental writing books can be when it comes to sharing your message and strategically growing and scaling your business and, in today’s action-oriented episode, he offers some key insights into the process of writing, marketing, and publishing your first book. You’ll also discover the eight milestones on your journey from blank page to published author, how you can overcome imposter syndrome along the way, and how the Self-Publishing School can help you avoid some common first-time author mistakes, plus so much more. Chandler believes that there is no such thing as the perfect time to write a book; the perfect time is now! Ready to create the business of your dreams using a bestselling book as your launchpad? Then, this is the episode for you!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Today’s icebreaker question for Chandler: what his favorite book was as a teen.
- A glimpse into Chandler’s journey as an author, which began when he was just 19-years-old.
- How he discovered that he learned more by doing than he did from studying business.
- Breaking down the three publishing methods; traditional, hybrid, and self-publishing.
- Why you should write a book and how it can help you strategically scale your business.
- Chandler’s response to common excuses, like “I don’t have time to write a book.”
- Advice for overcoming fear and imposter syndrome while writing a book.
- Demystifying the process of writing your first book using the MORE Writing Method.
- What value Chandler’s book, Published., offers readers as a standalone guide.
- How the Self-Publishing School helps you avoid some of the same mistakes Chandler made.
- Some of the services that the Self-Publishing School offers aspiring authors.
- How you can use books to grow your business: more leads, more sales, and more referrals.
- Today’s Business Growth Hack: the book is the new business card!
- Next steps, including where to get your free copy of Chandler’s new book!
“It’s not about the book. It’s about who you become in the process of writing and publishing that book.” — Chandler Bolt [0:02:37]
“You will never have time to write a book, so if you’re waiting for time to write a book, it’s just never going to happen. You’re going to have to get started before you’re ready. You’re not going to find the time; you’re going to make the time.” — Chandler Bolt [0:16:08]
“Most things have already been said, but there is a unique way, a unique message, and a unique perspective that you have and that most people have that they can use to tell their story and write their book in a helpful way.” — Chandler Bolt [0:21:03]
“My philosophy is give away all your best stuff for free. People will pay you to tell it to them again or they will pay you to do it for them.” — Chandler Bolt [0:24:31]
“Give two [books] to every new customer and say, ‘Here’s one for you and here’s one for anyone you know who needs help with (insert the problem that you solve).’” — Chandler Bolt [0:38:22]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: